|Type||Short Programmes, full-time|
|Nominal duration||1 week|
|Tuition fee||€1,300.00 per programme|
A motivation letter must be added to your application.
With its rich cultural heritage & inspiring urban setting, Dublin is the natural place to be immersed in James Joyce’s life, legacy and writings.
This short programme is delivered across 5 days in Dublin, Ireland’s UNESCO City of Literature, and the focus of Joyce’s literary imagination. The week will be led by author & publisher Jonathan Creasy, in partnership with some of Ireland’s foremost authors and Joyce scholars, including: Dr. Caroline Elbay and Mark Traynor and will be based in the James Joyce Cultural Centre in Dublin.
At the heart of our programme will be workshops, master-classes and to help participants understand Joyce’s work and its importance in Irish (and world) literature. Participants will enjoy social and cultural immersion in Joyce’s work through tours and cultural events.
• Walking tour of Joyce’s Dublin with Marty Gilroy of the James Joyce Centre and Dublin Literary Tours
• Dinner and Dramatic Reading of Joyce’s Work in the James Joyce Cultural Centre
• Bloomsday Festival breakfast, reading and talk with notable author
• Ulysses Express Tour
• Ulysses Workshop ‘Penelope’ led by Jonathan Creasy
• Joycean Pub Crawl led by the Bloomsday Festival